You are assured of a warm welcome at our office. Our aim is to facilitate your finding the perfect property to rent. We are on hand to ensure your search and the securing of your new home progresses as smoothly as possible.
Initially, you should contact us by email: email@example.com or telephone 020 8449 7474 or pop in and meet us at 234 High Street, Hadley Green. We can discuss your needs and get a full picture of what you are looking for. We can then search our portfolio for suitable properties. Once you have listed a potential property of interest, we will arrange a viewing.
Sean Heaney Lettings will liaise between you and the landlord. The acceptance of an offer is subject to contracts, satisfactory ID and reference checks.
You will need to provide suitable references which may be: one financial (an employers reference or accountants reference in the case of self employed tenants), one character reference (from someone known to the tenant for at least 12 months and not a relative). Tenants currently renting are also required to supply a reference from their present landlord or managing agent. You will also need proof of your current address which may include eg Council Tax bill and ID in the form of valid passport, national ID or driving licence.
At this stage you will be asked to pay a Holding Deposit to secure the property. This is equivalent to two weeks rental. The holding deposit is non-refundable should any applicant decide to withdraw from proceeding with the tenancy for whatever reason, including changing the commencement date to a later date, providing inaccurate information, changing the period of the agreement, or requiring any additional alterations / furnishings within the property other than what was seen and agreed at the time of viewing the property and paying the holding deposit.
A Tenancy Agreement (in accordance with Housing Act 1988 and amendments) will be drawn up. You will be asked to visit the office to sign the agreement once all references have been received and verified. The landlord will also be asked to sign their copy of this agreement.
Once you have found a property you would like, you will be asked to pay a lettings Fee.
Upon signing the Tenancy Agreement you will need to pay, in cleared funds, the following monies:
- One month’s rent in advance
- Six weeks rent as Security Deposit (this will be repayable when you vacate the property less any deductions)
- MINUS the Holding Fee (two weeks rental)
- Contribution toward the Check in/Inventory/Check Out fee (dependent on the size of the property: 1 bed £126, 2 bed £144, 3 bed £174 4 bed £204 5 bed £240 inc VAT).
- If you renew your Tenancy at the end of the Current Term there will be a charge of £60 + VAT per person.
- If you have any questions on our fees, please ask a member of our team
- You will need to arrange your own insurance cover
- You will be asked to agree an Inventory and Schedule of Condition prepared prior to the start of your tenancy. It is important that you take time to review this carefully as it may form the basis of any claim for damages by the Landlord at the end of your tenancy.
- You will take over all utilities for the property including for example, gas, electricity, water/sewerage, Council Tax and telephone upon moving into the property and you are responsible for contacting relevant suppliers prior to commencement of tenancy.
- During your tenancy it is important that any gas or electrical problems are reported immediately and the property is fully secured when you leave it unattended at any time. During the winter months, necessary steps must be taken to prevent the freezing of the water and heating systems.
- In leasehold properties, mainly flats and maisonettes, the tenant will be bound by the rules and regulations affecting all residents within the block contained in the head lease.
Once everything is in place, we look forward to checking you into the property and welcoming you to your new home!
Feedback or Complaints
We welcome feedback that may help us improve our service. Positive feedback or constructive criticism can prove valuable to us as we aim to offer a service valued by both Landlords and Tenants.
We hope that you are pleased with the service you have received but if you are unhappy with any aspect and wish to make a complaint, you are invited to contact the individual member of staff concerned or should you rather, please contact the department manager. If the response from the department manager is not satisfactory you can pursue the matter by contacting the Director.
If we fail to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, you will be given the opportunity to refer the matter to The Property Ombudsman (TPO)
At Sean Heaney Lettings, we seek to offer a secure and professional service to our Landlords and Tenants. We work with independent companies to ensure the correct level of reference checks and administration procedures are carried out and you will be required to pay the following charges:
- Pre Tenancy Administration Fee per Applicant = £90 pp (+VAT)
- Pre-Tenancy Administration Fee per Guarantor = £60 pp (+VAT)
- Tenancy Agreement Administration Fee per Tenancy = £ 90 (+VAT)
Other fees may apply if for example the Tenant requests changes to the wording of the Tenancy Agreement or if the Tenancy is renewed.